This course teaches students to program their own interactive stories, games, and animations with a personalized and adapted approach. Students get to learn in a comfortable environment with an adapted pace and get to share their creations with others in the online community by assembling Lego-like blocks of code.
Scratch encourages kids to think creatively, reason systematically and work collaboratively with their instructors who will tailor the course content to teach according to the capabilities or prior knowledge of the student.
Discover the power of code with Scratch!
You can also sign up for this course in two alternative formats: online class to benefit from flexible dates, or in-person camp in Switzerland during school holidays.
- Age: 8-11
- Skill level: beginner
- No programming experience required
- A personal laptop and USB key is required
- Completion of a ‘’course familiarity form” allowing instructors to gage the level of the class and fine-tune the planned teaching. (Please note that this is not a test, but rather a way to understand what course content students may already be familiar with)
- Minimum recommended learning hours: 10 hours.
- Basic logic and steps required to program
- An innovative programming language
developed by MIT specially for kids
Their own story, game or animation
A typical day in class – involves games, exercises, quizzes, framework design and more!
Learning Management System (LMS) – Together with your instructor, you will be accessing course materials on our “Learn Dash” educational course platform. This platform will give you access to all your course materials, from exercises to evaluations and more
Scratch is a programming language and an online community where kids can program and share interactive media such as stories, games and animation with people from all over the world. As kids create with Scratch, they learn to think creatively, work collaboratively and reason systematically.
To learn more about Scratch visit their website