“Alexa, play Beyoncé!”
Ever wondered how this works? Want to find out about the technology behind virtual personal assistants and other smart home gadgets? Then this course is for you!
Performing via cognition, today’s computers, software and devices can recognize people and speech, as well as write, speak and read handwriting. Popular applications of machine learning (ML), the most advanced form of artificial intelligence (AI), include smartphones and smart home gadgets that give you weather updates, stream music, lock your doors remotely and much more…
This course is perfect for teens with previous Python experience who want to develop a practical understanding of ML with a personalized approach and in a comfortable environment! Using Python, one of the key languages powering AI, students will build an image recognition algorithm at their own pace, to distinguish between two objects of choice, such as two animals or two objects. Instructors will tailor the course content to teach according to the capabilities or prior knowledge of the student.
You can also sign up for this course in two alternative formats: online class to benefit from flexible dates, or in-person camp in Switzerland during school holidays.
- Recommended age: 13+
- Basic programming skills in Python are required (e.g. suitable for students who have taken the Mobile Apps, Hacker Mode or Code in Python course)
- Completion of a ‘‘course familiarity form” allowing instructors to gage the level of the class and fine-tune the planned teaching. (Please note that this is not a test, but rather a way to understand what course content students may already be familiar with)
- Minimum recommended learning hours: 12-15hours
With the help of your tutor, personalize your
learning objectives following a choice from the list of chapters below:
- What AI is
- How AI is being used in our everyday life
- How AI systems like speech recognition and image classification work
- How to create AI applications using Python
- Fundamental (mathematical/algorithmic) theories behind AI
- A digit classifier that can be used to automatically distinguish digits and images
- An AI agent that can play Atari games such as Pong and Pac-Man (students are taught how to train the agent to learn to play the games by itself)
A typical day in class – involves games, exercises, quizzes, framework design and more!
Learning Management System (LMS) – Together with your instructor, you will be accessing course materials on our “Learn Dash” educational course platform. This platform will give you access to all your course materials, from exercises to evaluations and more