Build your own website while learning the basics of Java Script.
Students are introduced to the key principles of web design, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX), while learning the basics of Java Script- Students apply what they learn to their own custom website, adding text, images, audio, videos, hyperlinks, and more.
The course is ideal for students who are familiar with the basics of programming logic and computational thinking.
If you prefer having peer to peer interaction, you can sign up for this course in two alternative formats: online class or in-person camp in Switzerland
- Phase 1: DISCOVERY Website purpose, Website goals, Target Audience
- Phase 2: PLANNING Sitemap, Website Structure, Technologies used
- Phase 3: DESIGN Visual style, usability, UX/UI
- Phase 4: CONTENT Text, photos, videos, SEO
- The basics of web design (Website purpose, goals, target audience)
- Sitemap, website structure, technologies used
- Visual style, usability, UX/UI
- Students will create their own functioning website with photo or video library. Domain name purchase and hosting not included.