3D printing – creating whatever the mind can imagine.
On this course, students get to channel their creativity into 3D modelling and printing. They learn to work with the SOLIDWORKS software and develop an understanding of key considerations for good quality 3D printing.
The ideal course for all those itching to understand how 3D printing works and get practical!
Please note: a hardware and software surcharge of CHF 140 applies to all students (SOLIDWORKS is not open-source)
Some courses might not be available at every camp – check your preferred location and dates to view course offering.
A minimum of 5 students is required for the course to take place. Bring friends along!
SOLIDWORKS is a professional 3D computer graphics software used to create 3D printed models and interactive 3D applications. With SOLIDWORKS you can print directly to 3D printers, in the same way you would print a document to your office printer.
To learn more about SOLIDWORKS visit their website
- Age: 13+
- Skill level: beginner
- No experience in 3D printing required
- Their own laptop
- Basic concepts in 3D printing
- How to work with software to create a 3D object
- Foundations required for good quality 3D prints, including wall thickness and overhangs
- Their own printable model (can be printed at the EPFL if needed)