Immersive STEM Camp in Shenzhen China
TECHZHEN IMMERSION 2023
Be Part of a Connected Tomorrow
Immerse yourself in the world of Chinese tech innovation!
Oct 13-21, 2023 Tech Innovation trip to China's Silicon Valley
Go behind the scenes of China’s Silicon Valley and experience innovation as it comes to life. Don’t miss our unique China programme – 8-day immersive trip to Shenzhen and Guiyang, two of China’s most innovative cities.
What to expect?
Through exciting workshops and visits to leading innovation hubs and startups, you’ll discover the three facets of Chinese innovation: software, hardware and the fast-moving entrepreneurial ecosystem. Immersed in China’s very own Silicon Valley, you’ll learn about cutting-edge technology and experience Chinese innovation.
The perfect mix of learning and doing with industry experts for an exciting deep dive into tech innovation. To ensure the best experience, you’ll learn and explore in groups of 5 with bilingual Chinese student buddies.
YOUR CHINA TECH IMMERSION AT A GLANCE:
- Capstone project: DJI Robomaster competition like no other, where students will program a droid to navigate in a maze and deal with moral dilemma issues of AI. DJI RoboMaster offers an in-depth look at the educational fields of math, physics, programming languages (Scratch and Python) and more. Intelligent functions and exciting game modes connect the digital world with the real world and makes abstract theories tangible with practical applications.
- Brain Booster & Lab: Interactive and immersive learning sessions about cutting-edge tech and work with local student “buddies”.
- Explore Quest: Exclusive visits to the top companies and manufacturing plants that few others have seen before.
- Visit Huaqiangbei Market, the world’s largest electronics market and Hardware Startups
- Ariel Drone project with local community
- Close with Capstone Project: consolidate learning, utilise imagination and creativity. Summary learning with your Academic Lead.
For a complete and even more enriching experience, you’ll enjoy co-working sessions with your local student buddies and and take part in cultural activities.
Who is it for?
The program is ideal for students age 15+ with previous programming experience.
To join, you should ideally have completed at least two TechSpark courses or their equivalent:
Code in Python and Hacker Mode or Code in Python and Artificial Intelligence. This will allow you to fully engage in all our activities, build on your current knowledge and skills, and therefore get a lot more out of the trip.
- Oct 12: Outbound flight Zurich/other airport to Shenzhen/Hong Kong
- Oct 13-21: Accommodation @ Ascott Aden Hotel, Shenzhen
- Oct 21: Return flight Shenzhen/Hong Kong to Zurich/other airport
- Programme Fees: CHF 8’500 (Early Bird 10% discount on all bookings before 30th June 2023)
- Included: Tuition, 24 hour supervision and pastoral care, all activities, 8 nights accommodation & all meals, transportation within China.
- Excluded: Flights to and from Shenzhen/Hong Kong
Programme Brochure – Coming Soon!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Click ‘START REGISTRATION’ above.
- Have the following items handy:
- Your child’s passport
- Credit card for deposit payment
- NOTE: Should you be considering accompanying your child, you can indicate this in the form. Your indication of interest is entirely non-committal. We can recommend a tourist agency to help you identify the best visiting spots, activities and restaurants.
- Registrations are limited to 12 students only and will close as soon as we reach this capacity.
- We will be staying at 5* Ascott Aden Hotel in Shenzhen for complete safety and 24 hour pastoral care. Accompanying family members (if any) may want to stay in the same hotel (can be arranged separately).
- Standard rate includes a twin room which would be shared by two students(of the same gender). Individual accommodation(eg. one person per room) is also possible at a supplementary rate of CHF 100 per night.
- In terms of packing, Please note that the weather in Shenzhen in October is 21-29C, while indoor places make full use of air conditioning.
Flights are to be booked separately by the participant’s parents, you are welcome to use whichever airline you prefer or have air-miles with. If you wish for your child to be accompanied by TechSpark team, you will find our flight information below.
Pick up is available from Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Guangzhou airports if desired. (All within 40mins train ride)
Indicative Flights – TechSpark team will be on the below flights and will accompany any students booked on these flights.
- Zurich ZRH to Hong Kong HKG
- 12 Oct @ 22:40 (arriving 13 Oct @ 16:45) – LX138 (Swiss – Cathay Pacific)
- Hong Kong HKG to Zurich ZRH
- 21 Oct @ 22:25 (arriving 22 Oct @ 06:10) – LX139 Swiss
- 21 Oct @ 23:00 (arriving 22 Oct @ 06:30) – CX383 Cathay Pacific
Other Flights & Airlines: If you child is travelling on another flight or to another airport – we kindly ask you to send us the flight information as soon as known, so we can arrange pick up.
- Full programme tuition: CHF 8’500
- Included:Learning programmes, required materials (except child to bring own computer), tuition, 24 hour supervision and pastoral care, activities, accommodation & all meals, transportation within China.
- Excluded: Flights to and from China
- Registration Deposit – CHF 1’275 (15% deposit) payable at the time of registration. Balance due 31st August 2023
- Early Bird Discount – please note that 10% discount is applicable on all full fee payments received before 30th June 2023. Balance payable CHF 6’375 (by credit card or bank transfer as preferred)
- Single Room Student Occupancy Supplement: CHF 100 per night, invoiced separately. Payable by 31st August 2023.
- Swiss and European national require a visa to travel to China, however this is a simple process and we will assist you.
- Following registration, you will receive an invitation letter which must be submitted with your Visa application.
- Chinese Visa application can be submitted online, however the Visa must be collected in person from the Chinese Embassy in Bern or London.
- We will have group appointments in the first week of September in Bern and will be happy to facilitate visa applications for any students still needing a visa at that time.
- Most Swiss Medical Insurance policies provide coverage abroad while travelling. Please check with your provider and let us know if you do not have coverage in China.
- International medical insurance will be provided if needed.
- You might want to arrange your own travel insurance.
- All cancellations subject to a 10% refund or you can reschedule to our 2024 programme at no cost. Registrations can also be transmitted to a sibling or friend before 10th September 2023.
- Supplementary travel insurance is recommended.
- Due to the logistics of this trip, registration deposit is non-refundable.