"Hack @ Google" Weekend
Postponed to June 20-21, 2020
Question and Answer
Feb 29, 2020
Please find herewith our Q&A. Please refer to question 8 if you need more information.
- Why has the Hack @ Google event postponed?
- What is the agenda for June 20-21, 2020?
- Why were we not informed earlier about event postponement?
- Why join our community on App?
- What if I cannot attend on June 20-21?
- Are you accepting new registration for June 20-21, 2020?
- Do I need to re-register for June 2020?
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
1. Why has the Hack @ Google event been postponed?
Our partners at Google informed us that a case of the Corona virus was detected among staff on Friday the 28th of February at 8 PM in the evening.
We therefore agreed to postpone the event in the interest of everyone’s health and safety.
The event is postponed to June 20-21, 2020.
2. What is the agenda for June 20-21, 2020?
The agenda is unchanged. Students will work in three groups: two cybersecurity workshops and one Hackathon. They will be guided by motivated ETHZ and EPFL instructors, and accompanied by Google volunteers.
Do stay in in touch and join our Hack @ Google event APP. Students, partner school teaches, Googlers, organisers and indeed parents are all connected in one simple to use app, so do join the community by downloading the app!
3. Why were we not informed earlier about event postponement?
The situation has been totally unpredictable. In collaboration with our colleagues at Google, we have been monitoring the situation closely since February 10th
Our early contingency planning has allowed us to swiftly announce a substitute date: Saturday-Sunday June 20-21, 2020.
4. Why join our community on App?
You are warmly invited to download the Hack @ Google App now in preparation for out June 2020 event:
- Find your workshop timing and location
- See when Google tours and special events take place
- Find and chat with other participants and see what school or Uni they come from
- Meet your instructors from ETHZ and EPFL
- Check out event pictures
- Open discussion groups
Students, partner school teaches, Googlers, organisers and parents are all connected in one simple to use app at your fingertips, so do join the community and stay in touch!
5. What if I cannot attend on June 20-21?
All participants who are unable to attend on June 20-21 will receive a voucher which can be used at any of the following events. This voucher is valid for 2 years as per our Terms and Conditions, so you may also join events not yet posted.
If you wish to receive a voucher, please contact email@example.com
7. Do I need to re-register for June 2020?
No, all registrations automatically carry over unless you tell us otherwise.
8. Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, please contact Kate at Kate@techsparkacadermy.ch
If you are unable to attend the event on June 20-21 and you do not find a suitable event to use the credit voucher, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a refund.