IN PERSON Camps
“Alexa, play Beyoncé!”
Ever wondered how this works? Want to find out about the technology behind virtual personal assistants and other smart home gadgets? Then this course is for you!
Performing via cognition, today’s computers, software and devices can recognize people and speech, as well as write, speak and read handwriting. Popular applications of machine learning (ML), the most advanced form of artificial intelligence (AI), include smartphones and smart home gadgets that give you weather updates, stream music, lock your doors remotely and much more…
This course is perfect for teens with previous Python experience who want to develop a practical understanding of ML. Using Python, one of the key languages powering AI, students will build an image recognition algorithm to distinguish between two objects of choice, such as two animals or two objects.
A minimum of 4 students is required for the course to take place. Tell your friends!
You can also sign up for this course in online tutoring format to move at your speed or deepen your knowledge.
- Recommended age: 13+
- Basic programming skills in Python are
required (e.g. suitable for students who
have taken the Mobile Apps, Hacker
Mode or Code in Python course)
- What AI is
- How AI is being used in our everyday life
- How AI systems like speech recognition and image classification work
- How to create AI applications using Python
- Fundamental (mathematical/algorithmic) theories behind AI
- A digit classifier that can be used to automatically distinguish digits and images
- An AI agent that can play Atari games such as Pong and Pac-Man (students are taught how to train the agent to learn to play the games by itself)
A typical day in class – involves games, exercises, quizzes, framework designs, class discussions and more!