GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated 25th June 2022
These Terms & Conditions apply to all pages and sub-domains found at
Techsparkacademy.ch and all it’s registered subdomains
and all Programs operated by TechSpark Academy LLC including but not limited to TechSpark Academy In-Person programs and TechSpark Academy Online Programs. These terms apply to all classes, covering all courses, lessons and options offered by TechSpark Academy, including (a) Online Classes, (b) Online tutoring and ©) (hereinafter referred to individually as “Program” or collectively “Programs”).
These Terms and Conditions set forth obligations applicable to both parents, legal guardians and students attending any TechSpark Academy LLC program or any event organised by the company TechSpark Academy LLC, c/o sbg Consulting, Chemin des Ramiers 8, 1009 Pully, Switzerland.
Online Programs: If you are purchasing, or registering to participate in an Online Program you also agree to accept additional terms and conditions found here
In-Person Programs: If you are purchasing, or registering to participate in, an In-Person Program you also agree to accept additional terms and conditions found here
CODE OF CONDUCT
In the interest of ensuring the best learning environment possible, all students and parents are asked to follow this Code of Conduct. TechSpark Academy LLC reserves the right to dismiss students, without prior warning, whose actions or influence are deemed unsatisfactory, dangerous or incompatible with the Program community or who will not comply with the rules and policies specified below.
TechSpark Academy may dismiss students if it determines that a Program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for a student (this includes incidents in which a student does not have sufficient English language skills to participate in the Program; participation in courses requires a high level of English understanding unless otherwise specified on the registration form).
No refund, reduction or return of fee, or any part thereof will be made if a student is dismissed due to failure of the student or the parent/legal guardian to abide by the Code of Conduct, or if it is determined that a Program is not suitable for a student.. Parents will also be responsible for any extra costs associated with returning their child home early.
While TechSpark Academy strives to maintain excellent relationships with students, in some rare cases, we may determine that TechSpark Academy is not a compatible environment for every student.
Students maintaining the highest standard of conduct is required at all times. Using profanity, disparaging dialogues, physical violence, racial profiling, bullying, threats or other forms of disruptive behaviour during participation in TechSpark Academy Programs is strictly prohibited. Students will be asked to leave if not refraining from any one of these such behaviours, following proper warning. No refund will be issued in such circumstances.
Students and parents/guardians may NEVER:
- Disrupt, bully, intimidate, or harass others
- Use inappropriate language (students cannot use curse words, racial, gendered, homophobic/transphobic, stereotypical, or culturally insensitive words, even in a joking manner)
- View, display, discuss or post any inappropriate material (including sexual content, material depicting inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) during a Program
- Share Program information (including lesson plans, program curriculum, quizzes etc.) with third-parties, without written consent from TechSpark Academy LLC
- Impersonate another person
- Contact instructors/tutors/mentors outside of the TechSpark Academy Program
Students also may NEVER:
- Engage in internet hacking
- Create an account on or log into third-party websites without the permission of their instructor/tutor
- Use false information to create an account on or log into third-party websites
- Share personal information with staff members or ask staff members for their personal information
- Share or create video or audio recordings of TechSpark Academy staff or other students without the permission of TechSpark Academy LLC.
Students and parents/guardians MUST:
- Follow directions of TechSpark Academy personnel
- If online, ensure the student attends the Program in an appropriate, private setting
- Dress appropriately during the Program
- Only share material that is related to lessons and appropriate
TechSpark Academy offers Programs for students ages 6-17. Therefore, students may interact with a student that is within this age range including 17 years old. Please note the age range of the Program being registered for.
If a student requires a special arrangement to participate in a TechSpark Academy Program, a parent/guardian must contact TechSpark Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org, no less than three weeks prior to the student’s first day of the Program to the necessary arrangements.
- Unless otherwise noted, all financial transactions are made and quoted in Swiss Francs (CHF).
- All fees paid for online Programs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- There are no refunds, credits, or replacement days for classes not attended.
- All Program fees are payable before the start of each event via online payment system or bank transfer(if requested in advance).
- TechSpark Academy has the right to charge late payments fees for payment reminders. Any invoices generated after online payment link expires are subject to additional charges as follows:
- Within 7 days of payment due date – CHF 10 (1st reminder)
- Within 8-14 days of due date – CHF 30 (2nd reminder)
- Within 15-30 days of due date – CHF 50 (final reminder).
- Promotional Offers/Codes are not applicable for any payments made after the camp/event commenced.
- Outstanding debts may be passed on to external debt collection agencies and incur additional charges.
- The above terms also apply to supplementary fees charged by TechSpark Academy on behalf of its partners eg. hardware rental fees, catered meals or any other supplementary services.
TechSpark Academy trusts our customers to use discount and promotional codes correctly and appropriately.
- Partner School promo codes are reserved to students and staff at the respective schools and may not be transferred to external participants.
- Sibling & Friend promo codes are reserved for families enrolling more than one child for any individual camp, or for friends enrolled to attend the same camp.
- In the event that TechSpark Academy is alerted to misuse or misapplication of promo codes – they reserve the right to invoice the responsible party for the fee difference and administrative fee of CHF 100.
- If a registration is cancelled due to medical reasons or extenuating circumstances that can be fully documented with a written explanation, TechSpark Academy may offer a refund(less registration deposit CHF 300) or offer to re-enroll the child for another similar event.
- If a course or event has to be cancelled or postponed due to “force majeure” or a human initiated action that cannot be predicted, including for example unexpected weather events such as storm or earthquake, a voucher will be issued to attend another event of the student’s choice. This voucher has a validity period of two year period.
- If a registration is cancelled for any other reason before course commencement, no refund will be issued.
GIFT CERTIFICATES & VOUCHERS
All gift certificates/vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash. Gift certificates/vouchers must be redeemed at the time of booking. Certificates/vouchers are valid until the specified expiration date and for specified events, without exception. They are valid for up to the amount issued, and any amounts not used are forfeited.
By payment of any sum to TechSpark Academy, you are acknowledging your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of TechSpark Academy as described herein.
- Media Release: By accepting these Terms and Conditions, and unless otherwise specified in written form, the responsible parent confirms his/her acceptance that his/her child may be featured in photos, videos, audio recording and testimonials and that such material can be used by TechSpark Academy and/or our business partners for promotional purposes.
- The copyright of all photography appearing on our brochures or websites belongs to TechSpark Academy. No reproduction may be made without prior written permission from the TechSpark Academy management.
- These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other partners working with TechSpark Academy.
- Project Release: Some TechSpark Academy courses and workshops are project-based. In such instances, TechSpark Academy will attempt to provide your student with the knowledge to produce a working project. However, there will be instances when a project cannot be sent home, and you agree that TechSpark Academy is not responsible if the game, project, product or voucher does not work properly and/or is not compatible with outside systems. You release TechSpark Academy from any responsibility for failure to provide a copy of the non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete game or project. Refunds will not be issued for not receiving or being provided a copy of the project, and/or non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete projects.
- Software Accounts: Some TechSpark Academy Program activities require creation and/or use of an online account or require an online account to be created for your student. You consent to create or have TechSpark Academy to create accounts as needed for your student to participate in Program activities. During non-instructional time, students may have access to websites that require accounts to be set up. While it is against TechSpark Academy rules for students to set up accounts without their instructor’s permission, there may be instances where a student may create an account without the knowledge of TechSpark Academy or its employees. In such instances, you release TechSpark Academy and its employees from any and all responsibility and liability for accounts created by your student without TechSpark Academy’s knowledge.
- Hardware Programs: Some TechSpark Academy Programs include take home hardware which is subject to additional fees. In those instances, TechSpark Academy will notify parents/guardians in advance of the supplementary hardware and applicable fees. If you have issues with a product, you must contact the manufacturer directly.
You agree that any dispute other than collection matters, arising out of or relating to this Agreement, you or your child’s participation in a Program with TechSpark Academy, or otherwise arising between the parties shall be settled according to Swiss federal laws by arbitration to be held by the Swiss federal court system. You hereby acknowledge that you understand the terms of this ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, and you agree to comply with all of its terms and provisions.
TechSpark Academy reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. TechSpark Academy reserves the right to cancel or modify any and all classes, lessons, Programs, or courses for any reason.
ON BEHALF OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD, I, THE PARENT/GUARDIAN, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE RIGHT OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD TO PARTICIPATE IN TechSpark Academy LLC PROGRAM(S), HEREBY RELEASE TechSpark Academy LLC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM LIABILITY (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED UPON NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURIES TO MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD OR DAMAGE OF ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY. I AGREE TO BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHICH MAY RESULT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH TechSpark Academy LLC.
TechSpark Academy partners with and uses the intellectual property of some amazing companies. You and your student agree to uphold the copyright and trademark rights of TechSpark Academy, its partners, and any company whose products are used during an TechSpark Academy Program.
TechSpark Academy Online Programs
Terms & Conditions
These additional Terms and Conditions are intended to keep students safe and make TechSpark Academy Online programs positive and productive. By enrolling your child(ren) in any of TechSpark Academy’s Online programs, you agree that you and your student will abide by these Terms and Conditions as well as TechSpark Academy’s General Terms and Conditions. In cases where these Terms and Conditions and TechSpark Academy’s General Terms and Conditions conflict, the terms found herein apply to any TechSpark Academy Online Program or Product.
ONLINE TUTORING & MENTORING
- Multi-lesson packages are intended to be used in full, and unused lessons will not be refunded.
- All lessons must be scheduled within six months of purchase. Lessons expire six months from purchase, with no refund.
- Fees for all Online Services are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Lessons not used by the expiration date are forfeited and cannot be refunded or prorated.
- Tutoring Lessons are only available for subjects set out by TechSpark Academy.
- Tutoring Lessons will be taught in English, unless otherwise specified at registration.
- Mentoring lessons are available on a series of topics. The content of which will be determined between the student and their mentor.
- Mentoring Lessons will be taught in the language selected upon booking.
- Generally, only one student per lesson is allowed, unless group lessons are booked. All students that participate in the lessons are bound by these Terms and Conditions including our Code of Conduct.
- TechSpark Academy has the right to refuse service.
- Lessons are a guidance/tutoring service only. No specific outcomes are guaranteed. TechSpark Academy is not responsible for any specific outcome or lack thereof.
SCHEDULING & RESCHEDULING LESSONS (TUTORING & MENTORING ONLY)
- Scheduling – You are responsible for scheduling a minimum number of lessons specified on the booking form at the time of booking. Remaining lessons must be scheduled in your ‘My TechSpark Dashboard’.
- Rescheduling – Tutoring & Mentoring lessons can be rescheduled for any reason up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson in your ‘My TechSpark Dashboard’. If the student fails to attend a scheduled lesson, the lesson will be deducted from your available sessions. No changes can be made within 24 hours of the lesson start time.
- Any unattended lessons are forfeited and cannot be made up or refunded.
- Online Classes are only available for subjects set out by TechSpark Academy and on dates specified by TechSpark Academy.
- Online Classes are offered in English only, unless otherwise specified at the time of booking.
- Online Classes may not be rescheduled.
- Missed classes will be forfeited and cannot be made up or refunded.
- Fees for Small Group Classes are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Only students registered for the class may participate.
- TechSpark Academy has the right to refuse service.
- Small Group Classes are a guidance/tutoring service only. No specific outcomes are guaranteed. TechSpark Academy is not responsible for any specific outcome or lack thereof.
TechSpark Academy In-Person Programs
Terms & Conditions
These additional Terms and Conditions are intended to keep students safe and make TechSpark Academy In-Person programs positive and productive. By enrolling your child(ren) in any of TechSpark Academy’s In-Person programs, you agree that you and your child will abide by these Terms and Conditions as well as TechSpark Academy’s General Terms and Conditions. In cases where these Terms and Conditions and TechSpark Academy’s General Terms and Conditions conflict, the terms found herein apply to any TechSpark Academy In-Person Program.
- In-Person program tuition includes tuition, supervision, software licensing and recreational activities.
- Snacks & drinks will be provided at all camps. If you child has specific food allergies or intolerances, please indicate these at the time of booking.
- After-school activities and workshops do not include snacks & drinks.
- TSA General Payment terms apply.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
- Changes (other than cancellations) can be made to any program without change fees up until 14 days prior to the start of an In-Person Program.
- You may cancel an In-Person program course up until 14 days prior to the start of that course and receive a voucher for the amounts paid to date less cancellation fee equivalent to 3.5% of amount paid. In-Person programs cannot be cancelled within 14 days of the course start date.
- If TechSpark Academy cancels a program for any reason, you will receive a full refund of the amounts paid or voucher equivalent to the amount paid.
- There are no refunds, credits, or replacement days for classes not attended.
ADDITIONAL CODE OF CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS
To maintain a safe and fun environment, students and parents/guardians of students participating in an In-Person program agree to adhere to these additional Code of Conduct requirements:
- Treat all facilities, equipment, and people with respect
- Not possess or use drones, hoverboards, rollerblades, shoes with wheels, weapons, tobacco, marijuana, alcohol, or any illegal substances at any In-Person location
- Follow all rules and directives given by TechSpark Academy and campus staff
- In the event that a parent cannot be reached in an emergency when the child is under TechSpark Academy supervision, by accepting this Terms and Condition, the parent gives permission for TechSpark to act on their behalf in the best interest of the child.
- All prescription medicine provided by a licensed Doctor must be turned into the camp/event staff upon arrival with clear, written instructions for administration in English. This will be dispensed by program staff only.
- At the end of your student’s program, you are responsible for retrieving all medications and containers from staff.
- Please note that TechSpark Academy does not have professionally medically licensed staff at in-person events.
- Medication left at event premesis will be disposed of.
- All your child’s personal belongings are their own responsibility, unless loss or damage is proven to be due to TechSpark Academy negligence. Expensive and treasured items such as jewellery, designer clothes or shoes, trainers, etc., should not be brought to the camp/event.
- Parents agree to pay for property damage caused directly, or indirectly, as a result of negligent action of their child.
Parents/guardians of students dismissed from a TechSpark program will be responsible for any and all costs incurred in removing that student from camp (i.e. travel, extra supervision, etc.). If TechSpark Academy incurs any charges, they will be passed on to the parent/guardian.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT FOR MY STUDENT’S SAFETY, I MUST PROVIDE ACCURATE AND COMPLETE HEALTH INFORMATION. FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED INFORMATION CAN RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF MY STUDENT’S REGISTRATION WITHOUT A REFUND.
- Field Trips: Staff members have permission to take my son/daughter/ward to places of relevant interest, playgrounds and recreational facilities within walking distance of program location, both on and off campus.
- Movies: Movies played at or attended during any of the programs run by TechSpark Academy are rated PG and PG-13 and selected at the sole discretion of TechSpark Academy.