Mobile Apps with Swift
Students learn how to use the Swift programming language (game engine) to develop an app or game for their iPhone and gain an understanding of the smartphone app world. They explore the different steps required to develop a mobile game or app and use the same tools as industry professionals to create their own game.
The perfect course for those who want to bring their ideas to life in a fun way!
All classes are designed for small groups to foster a comfortable and fun setting, therefore there is only a maximum of 6 students for this course. Sign up early to secure your spot!
You can also sign up for this course in two alternative formats: online tutoring to move at your speed & deepen your knowledge, or in-person camp in Switzerland during school holidays.
- Age: 13+
- Skill level: beginner
- No programming or mobile game development experience required
- Their own Apple laptop (iPhone optional) equipped with the latest operating system (Mojave)
- Completion of a ‘’course familiarity form” allowing instructors to gage the level of the class and fine-tune the planned teaching. (Please note that this is not a test, but rather a way to understand what course content students may already be familiar with)
- Basic programming concepts in Swift
- Basic mobile game programming
Their own playable mobile video game or app
A typical day in class – involves games, exercises,
quizzes, framework designs, class discussions and
Learning Management System (LMS) – Together with your instructor, you will be accessing course materials on our “Learn Dash” educational course platform. This platform will give you access to all your course materials, from exercises to evaluations and more.
Swift is a fantastic way to write software – for phones, desktops, servers or any other device that runs code. It’s a fast, interactive and safe programming language combining the best in modern language thinking with wisdom from the wider Apple engineering culture and community. The compiler is optimized for performance and the language is optimized for development, without compromising on either. Swift is friendly to new programmers!
To learn more about Swift visit their website