TECHZHEN IMMERSION 2022
Immerse yourself in the world of Chinese tech innovation!
10-day tech innovation trip to China’s Silicon Valley
Go behind the scenes of China’s Silicon Valley and experience innovation as it comes to life. Don’t miss our unique China programme – a 10-day immersive trip to Shenzhen and Guiyang, two of China’s most innovative cities.
What to expect?
Through exciting workshops and visits to leading innovation hubs and startups, you’ll discover the three facets of Chinese innovation: software, hardware and the fast-moving entrepreneurial ecosystem. Immersed in China’s very own Silicon Valley, you’ll learn about cutting-edge technology and experience Chinese innovation.
The perfect mix of learning and doing with industry experts for an exciting deep dive into tech innovation. To ensure the best experience, you’ll learn and explore in groups of 5 with a bilingual Chinese Academic Lead from an elite university.
YOUR CHINA TECH IMMERSION AT A GLANCE:
- 2-day workshop at Shenzhen Open Innovation Lab
- Visit Huaqiangbei Market, the world’s largest electronics market, and hardware startups
- Data science deep dive at the Big Data Centre
- Visit startups and experience innovation and idea pitching
- Discover the technology behind self-driving cars at Pix Moving, one of the world’s first self-driving centres. Learn about algorithms and deploy your own software in a remote-controlled car (there might even be some extra fun for those with a driving licence!)
- Close with Capstone Project: consolidate learning, utilise imagination and creativity
- Summary learning with your Academic Lead
For a complete and even more enriching experience, you’ll also take part in cultural activities, including an overnight stay with a local host family.
Who is this for?
The programme is for 16-19-year-olds with previous programming experience. However, a younger group of 13-15-year-olds could be included depending on demand. (Students will be grouped by age and experience level.)
To join, you should ideally have completed at least two courses:
either Code in Python and Hacker Mode or Code in Python and Artificial Intelligence. This will allow you to fully engage in all our activities, build on your current knowledge and skills and therefore get a lot more out of the trip.
Travel and accommodation (indicative only)
July 19: outbound flight Zurich to Shenzhen
(we recommend direct flight Hainan Airlines HU 742, departure 11:40 and arrival 5:00)
July 20-28: 5 nights at Four Points by Sheraton in Shenzhen, 1 night
with a Chinese host family in Guiyang and 2 nights at New World Hotel in Guiyang
July 29: return flight Shenzhen to Zurich + transfer Zurich to hometown
(we recommend direct flight HU 741, departure 01:50 and arrival 7:55)
Chinese visa required (assistance will be provided for this)
Programme Fees: CHF 8’450.-
Included: Tuition, full-time supervision, activities, accommodation & all meals, transportation within China and insurance
Excluded: Flights from Zurich to Shenzhen
Meet the team organizing this programme, and ensuring that students stay engaged and safe.
PhD Candidate, Oxford University
CEO, TechSpark Academy