STEM Camp in Shenzhen China
Be Part of a Connected Tomorrow
Immerse yourself in the world of Chinese tech innovation!
Bespoke Tech Innovation trip to China's Silicon Valley
Go behind the scenes of China’s Silicon Valley and experience innovation as it comes to life. Unique 7-12 day immersive field trip to Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guiyang, China’s most innovative cities.
What to expect?
Through exciting workshops and visits to leading innovation hubs and startups, you’ll discover the three facets of Chinese innovation: software, hardware and the fast-moving entrepreneurial ecosystem. Immersed in China’s very own Silicon Valley, you’ll learn about cutting-edge technology and experience Chinese innovation.
The perfect mix of learning and doing with industry experts for an exciting deep dive into tech innovation. To ensure the best experience, students learn and explore in groups of 5 with bilingual Chinese student buddies.
KEY PROGRAMME COMPONENTS:
- Brain Booster & Lab: Interactive and immersive learning sessions about cutting-edge tech, with evening work with local student “buddies”.
- Explore Quest: Exclusive visits to the top companies and manufacturing plants that few others have seen before.
- Capstone project: DJI Robomaster competition like no other, where students will program a droid to navigate in a maze and deal with moral dilemma issues of AI. DJI RoboMaster offers an in-depth look at the educational fields of math, physics, programming languages (Scratch and Python) and more. Intelligent functions and exciting game modes connect the digital world with the real world and makes abstract theories tangible with practical applications.
- Visit Huaqiangbei Market, the world’s largest electronics market and Hardware Startups
- Ariel Drone project with local Chinese Students.
- Festive closing dinner with participants, instructors and selected local tech start-ups.
- Close with Capstone Project: consolidate learning, utilise imagination and creativity. Summary learning with your Academic Lead.
For a complete and even more enriching experience, you’ll enjoy co-working sessions with your local student buddies and and take part in cultural activities.
- The programme has been designed as an ideal field-trip for upper middle-school or high-school students, indicative age 13-18 years old.
- For TechSpark Academy partner schools, TechZhen is a tailored educational field trip organized by TechSpark Academy in collaboration with our Chinese partners, exclusively for our partner schools.
- Contact us to arrange a no-obligation online information session, where we can demonstrate how our program can assist you in flawlessly executing an educational field trip with the backing of our expert team, minimizing the initial workload and guaranteeing exceptional student experiences.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- We will be staying at 5* Ascott Aden Hotel in Shenzhen for complete safety and 24 hour pastoral care.
- Standard rate includes a twin room which would be shared by two students(of the same gender). Individual accommodation(eg. one person per room) is also possible at a supplementary rate of CHF 100 per night.
- In terms of packing, Please note that the weather in Shenzhen in October is 21-29C, while indoor places make full use of air conditioning.
Flights are to be booked separately by the partner school.
Pick up is available from Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Guangzhou airports if desired. (All within 40mins train ride)
- Full programme tuition: CHF 4’950 per student (minimum 10 students and 2 adult chaperones/teachers)
- Included: Learning programmes, required materials (except child to bring own computer), tuition, supervision and pastoral care, activities, accommodation & all meals, transportation within China.
- Excluded: Flights to and from China
- Single Room Student Occupancy Supplement: CHF 100 per night, invoiced separately. Payable by 31st August 2023.
- Swiss and European national require a visa to travel to China, however this is a simple process and we will assist you.
- Following registration, you will receive an invitation letter which must be submitted with your Visa application.
- Chinese Visa application can be submitted online, however the Visa must be collected in person from the Chinese Embassy in Bern or London.
- We will have group appointments in the first week of September in Bern and will be happy to facilitate visa applications for any students still needing a visa at that time.
- Most Swiss Medical Insurance policies provide coverage abroad while travelling. Please check with your provider and let us know if you do not have coverage in China.
- International medical insurance will be provided if needed.
- You might want to arrange your own travel insurance.